Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Need word for ';false family';. My history teacher said that the slaves were often seperated from their families?

when they were sold to other owners, etc in the United States. The slaves would become close to others on the plantations and call them names like ';brother';, ';aunt';, and other family names, even though they weren't really their blood relatives. Our professor gave us a word for ';false family';, but I can't rememver what it is. Does anyone know the word that I am looking for? Thank you!Need word for ';false family';. My history teacher said that the slaves were often seperated from their families?
Surrogate? Adoptive? Foster? Substitute? Any of those will work :)Need word for ';false family';. My history teacher said that the slaves were often seperated from their families?
A '; false family '; is not correct English. Let me try to help you :





1. An adopted family.


2. A step-family ( here, the words '; step-mother '; and '; step-father ';


are said often ).


3. My new, caring family.


4. My real people. 5. My own people. 6. My own family.


7. My true and unconditionally-caring family.


8. I regard my actual parents as a false family, because they don't


love me. Joseph and Martha, who fully treat me as their own daughter, are my real family.
conjoined or surrogate family

No comments:

Post a Comment