Monday, February 8, 2010

I need to know whether the following statement is true of false please asap?

the speakers who share the same language (variety) must have similar norms of greetings.I need to know whether the following statement is true of false please asap?
Depends what you mean by ';same language (variety)';.





It's partly true, if you mean that to interact successfully with someone, you need to choose the norm of greeting that's appropriate for the situation.





But it's only partly an issue of language, and partly one of other factors (e.g. social class, business relationship, etc).





For instance, although (apart from accent) I speak exactly the same language as the Queen of England, it wouldn't be right to just say ';Hi'; if I met her.I need to know whether the following statement is true of false please asap?
i'd say false because of the use of the word ';must';. absolutes like that are generally false. However, if it said ';tend to'; or ';usually';, I would say true.
i agree with Kimberly :)
true and false both

No comments:

Post a Comment